Materi Bahasa Inggris Kelas 10 Chapter 14 – Strong Wind
Topik utama dari materi bahasa inggris kelas X chapter 13 ini adalah cerita yang berjudul Strong Wind. Kita akan belajar menjelaskan isi cerita secara lisan dan tertulis dengan memperhatikan tujuan komunikasi, struktur teks, dan unsur kebahasaan teks naratif sesuai konteks penggunaannya. Menjelaskan tujuan komunikasi, struktur teks, dan unsur kebahasaan dari teks naratif lisan dan tulis sederhana tentang legenda rakyat sesuai konteks penggunaannya.
Berikut ini adalah beberapa informasi singkat dari Materi Bahasa Inggris Kelas 10 Chapter 14 – Strong Wind.
Match the words with their Indonesian equivalents. Compare
your work to your classmate’s.
Listen to your teacher reading the following words. Repeat after
Read the story and fill in the blanks with the following words: tremble,
lying, jealous, bow, long, fine, invisible, rope, gentle, rags.
Once there was a great warrior named Strong Wind. He lived with
his sister in a tent by the sea. Strong Wind was able to make himself
_______________(1). His sister could see him, but no one else could. He
had said he would marry the first woman who could see him as he came at
the end of the day. Many women came up to his tent to watch for him. When his sister saw
him coming, she would ask, “Do you see him?”
Each girl would answer, “Oh, yes! I see him!”
Then Strong Wind’s sister would ask, “What is he pulling his sled with?”
And then the girls would answer, “with a _____________ (2)” or “with
a wooden pole.”
Then Strong Wind’s sister would know that they were lying, because
their guesses were wrong.
A chief lived in a village. His wife had died, and he had three daughters.
One was much younger than the other two. She was gentle, kind and
beautiful, but her sisters were ___________ (3) of her and treated her
badly. They cut off her long black hair and they made her wear rags. They
also burned her face with coals so that she would be ugly. They lied to
their father that she did these things to herself. But she remained calm and
The two older sisters also went to try and see Strong Wind. When he
was coming, Strong Wind’s sister asked them, “Do you see him?”
“Oh, yes! I see him!” Each of them answered.
“What is his bow made out of?” asked Strong Wind’s sister.
“Out of iron,” answered one. “Out of wood,” answered the other.
“You have not see him,” said Strong Wind’s sister.
Strong Wind himself heard them and knew that they had lied. They
went into the tent, but still they could not see him. They went home very
One day the youngest daughter went to try and see Strong Wind. She
was wearing ____________ (5), and burn covered her face. People laughed
at her, but she kept going. When she got to Strong Wind’s tent she waited.
When Strong Wind was coming, his sister asked the girl, “Do you see
him?” “No,” the girl answered. “I don’t see
Strong Wind’s sister was surprised
because the girl had told the truth. “Now
do you see him?” asked Strong Wind’s
“Yes,” answered the girl. “Now, I do
see him. He is very wonderful.” “What is his _______________ (6) made of?” asked Strong Wind’s
“The rainbow,” answered the girl.
“And what is the bowstring made of?” asked Strong Wind’s sister.
“Of Stars,” answered the girl.
Then Strong Wind’s sister knew that the girl could really see him. He
had let her see him because she had told the truth.
“You really have seen him,” said Strong Wind’s sister. Then the sister
washed the girl, and all the burns went away. Her hair grew ____________
(7) and black again. The sister dressed the girl in _______________ (8)
clothes. Strong Wind came and the girl became his wife.
The girl’s two older sisters were very angry, but Strong Wind turned
them into aspen trees. Ever since that day, the leaves of the aspen tree
always ______________ (9) with fear wherever he comes near, because
they know he remembers their ______________ (10) and meanness.
Answer the following questions:
2. What was Strong Wind’s special capability?
3. How would Strong Wind’s sister know that the girls were lying?
4. Who burned the chief ’s youngest daughter?
5. Who could see Strong Wind and how could she do that?
6. How did the chief ’s youngest daughter regain her old face?
7. What did Strong Wind change into an aspen tree?
8. Did Strong Wind know that the chief ’s elder daughters were rude to their
youngest sister? Justify your answer.
9. Why did Strong Wind decide to have the chief ’s youngest daughter as his wife?
10. If you were in the story, which role would you play? Why?
needed, you may change the parts of speech.
of the story ‘Strong Wind’.
- Prepare a piece of paper. Choose a story to write.
- Write a sentence to start your story. Think of a sentence that can be easily continued by your classmate.
- Give your paper to your classmate on your right and get another piece of paper from your classmate on your left.
- Read your classmate’s sentence. Continue writing another sentence.
- Try to connect your sentence and your classmate’s. Then, give the paper to your classmate on your right.
- Continue the activities until your paper arrives back to you.
- Read the story that you’ve written with your classmates. What do you think? What’s good and not good about it?
- Rewrite your story. Don’t forget to include connecting words and phrases. Use clear references, too.