13. Dear Lia,
B. Her friend
C. Her boyfriend
To: All students of Senior High School 1 Madang Suku I.
To celebrate the National Education Day the students Board Organization will hold some interesting programs. They are English Speech Contest, English Story Telling contest and Wall Magazine Competition. The programs will be held on January, 4th , 2011, 8 am – 1 p.m.
All classes must take part in the programs and should report their participation to their own teachers.
For detailed information, please contact Mr. Ari Irawan, the coordinator of this program.
Who is in charge of the program?
C. Mr. Ari Irawan
D. Student organization
15. Making Candles
Tool and Ingredient : o wax moulds,
-wick, dye discs, essential oils, and a double boiler.
1. Melt the wax. All wax has a flash point, so to prevent it bursting into flames, you must melt it in a double boiler, with water in the bottom pan.
2. Prepare the mould with the wick. Thread the wick through the mould and make sure that you leave a good few centimetres sticking out of the hole in the bottom.
3. After that, add the scent. If you want a scented candle, add a few drops of essential oil to the melted wax. You can use any essential oil you like, as long as it doesn’t contain water.
4. Next step, pour the wax into the mould. Try and tip the wax into the mould quickly, all in one go, to minimise spillage and air bubbles.
5. Then, release the bubbles and top it up. Releasing the air bubbles will eventually make the candle sink, so you will need to top it up with more melted wax.
6. Finally, remove it from the mould. After four or five hours, the candle can be taken out of its mould.
7. Your candle is now ready for display. Remember, you must always leave it for a day before lighting
The text is written to ….
A. inform the procedure to make the scented candles
B. explain the tool and ingredients for making candles
C. describe the candles and how to make them
D. give information the way of making candles
16. 1. Its story is about a prison break and revenge.
2. I want to borrow it soon after Charlie finish reading it.
3. Charlie got a new book.
4. He wants Charlie to read more and play less.
5. It is called The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. 6. His father bought it in XYZ bookstore.
Which one is the best arrangement of the sentences above?
17. What does the above text suppose you to do?
A. To play games around the place with children.
B. Not play around the area with children
C. To watch children play around here.
D. To be careful because children are playing there
18. A supporter of the national education bill display a sign reading “Endorse the national education bill right now” to every motorist passing the back gate of the House of Representatives compound in Senayan, Central Jakarta. Thousands of members from Islamic groups gathered outside the compound on Thuesday demanding that the bill be endorsed.
The topic of the passage is about….
A. national education
B. education bill
C. supporter of the bill
D. a public demand
19. Farmer in Lampung and West Java are likely to face difficulties with rice harvest in the next two month because hundreds of thousands of hectare rice field have been under threat from a long drought. Therefore, the government has started worrying the two provinces.
What is the text about?
A. the next rice harvest
B. farmers in Lampung
C. possible failure in the next harvest
D. farmers in West Java
20. Hayati Hutabarat says that she has downright satisfaction from her position in the company. But what about some other things in life. There are still important for many women to have things like marriage and children. Does Hayati regret for not having time for these things?
What is the text about?
A. Unmarried women
B. Career women
C. Women’s position in a company
D. Women’s lives
Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris Kelas XII ini dalam format DOCX dan dapat anda unduh untuk pembelajaran dirumah melalui tautan berikut ini:
Demikian Contoh Soal UTS Kelas 12 Bahasa Inggris Tahun 2020, semoga dapat bermanfaat untuk anda.